DISCLAIMER

This blog is not a substitution for consulting with a medical professional. I do not have any formal training in medicine, psychology or cognitive therapy. I am simply sharing my personal experience in hopes that others will benefit as I have.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A little crazy, mostly healthy & trying to stay cool

I am on a path of recovery after having struggled with a combination of ADD, anxiety/panic and depression for almost 15 years. I am almost completely tapered off of prescription medications after being on anti-depressants for 13 years. I am using as many natural methods as possible to improve my health. 


I realize that this is a controversial topic, but I ask anyone out there who is thinking about taking prescription medication for mental illness to review ALL of your options before you make a choice. You may decide that it's right for you but please do not do so without weighing the cost and benefits and understanding what powerful DRUGS you are putting into your body. I want to share and give others as many resources as possible so that they are armed with tools and skills to fight mental illness. I have what I consider to be a pretty awesome yet quirky and random sense of humor as well as what seems to be a new and different passion every day. I will use my blog for this outlet because laughter is therapeutic and because I will never let go of being at least a little "crazy"! 


DISCLAIMER: This blog is not a substitution for consulting with a medical professional. I do not have any formal training in medicine, psychology or cognitive therapy. I am simply sharing my personal experience in hopes that others will benefit as I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment